||January 25, 2021
||Newspapers / Wires
The Perham Focus, Perham, Minnesota, is looking for a full-time motivated multi-media reporter to be a part of our award-winning newsroom! Perham is a close-knit, growing community in lakes country, with a bustling downtown, festivals and entertainment, health care and plenty of outdoors and recreation activities. It is also home to KLN Family Brands, makers of everything from Wiley Wallaby licorice to NutriSource Super Premium Pet Foods. As the Perham Focus multi-media reporter, you will cover a variety of stories and will be asked to tell them through a variety of tools and on various platforms: reporting, writing, photography and video. The Perham Focus is a weekly newspaper that provides its community with an award-winning coverage, a strong online presence and top-quality targeted magazines. This position includes a healthy benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, medical, 401k and most importantly a dedicated staff! Responsibilities of this position include:
- Working to produce engaging news, features and enterprise work for a digital audience in a digital-first newsroom.
- Writing and producing creative and unique digital content that includes but is not limited to stories, videos and photos.
- Developing story ideas around content areas that drive subscribers and loyalty to the digital brand.
- Collaboration with audience engagement team to gain insight into website and story metrics and to determine new, engaging ways to present content online.
- Embracing a creative, collaborative approach with other team members and in working with other FCC departments and locations.
- Working with a team of producers to grow online audience throughout the company.
- Producing/participating in podcasts and video blogs.
- Live streaming of events and press conferences.
- Video editing and producing, regular website and social media work
- Rewriting content and headlines to appeal to new audiences.
- Sharing and promoting FCC digital content through various social media channels.
- Writing experience for a newspaper, website, magazine or similar publication is preferred.
- Experience using digital analytics tools such as Chartbeat, CrowdTangle and Google Analytics is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of video and photo editing is required.
- Some experience in proofreading or editing is preferred; AP Style knowledge a plus.
- Journalism or communications degree is helpful, though equivalent experience will be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of video and photo editing; knowledge of podcasts, video blogs and livestreaming.
- Must be able to multitask and juggle many different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately using a Web-based content management system.
- Must be creative, hardworking and a self-starter.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021