||January 13, 2021
||Newspapers / Wires
The Kingsport (TN) Times News (timesnews.net) seeks a community-minded, forward-thinking editor to lead our seasoned reporting staff in beautiful Northeast Tennessee. The Times News is one of two dailies and three weeklies that make up family-owned Six Rivers Media, LLC.
We are looking for that editor who:
- Understands the importance of community engagement;
- Makes it her/his mission to understand what readers want, not what we think they should be fed;
- Works with reporters – even seasoned ones – to hone their skills for today’s readers;
- Is capable and willing to adjust to product needs/changes/additions on the fly;
- Finds satisfaction in collaborating with all department heads in finding efficiencies, creating new products and executing plans that led to success.
- Degree in journalism, communication or equivalent experience.
- The preferred candidate has 3- 5 years of experience as an editor at a daily or weekly newspaper or online news outlet; or extensive reporting experience and has exhibited the desire and qualifications to move into the top newsroom position at a respected, award-winning newsroom.
- Relevant experience in news editing, reporting and writing, and social media.
- Strong editing, organizational and coaching skills.
- Contributes to a culture of teamwork and collaboration, not only in the newsroom but throughout the enterprise.
- This position is part of the Six Rivers Media management team.
- Editor must live in the area or be willing to relocate immediately.
- Position offers full benefits.
- Tennessee has no state income tax.
- Northeast Tennessee offers a low cost of living, an excellent climate, easy access by land or air, and an array of outdoor activities found nowhere else.
Applications should be sent to Rick Thomason, Publisher of the Kingsport Times News, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must include a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position, resume’, links to at least 5 clips, salary requirements and three professional references.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021