||January 13, 2021
Marquee Sports Network seeks a full-time, temporary, seasonal Producer/Editor who is a strong storyteller and makes video sizzle. We're looking for that expert that can capture the emotion and exhilaration of the game, syncing every bit of the action the perfect music track. This individual will be responsible for ideating and producing/editing video content for on-air promotions as well as digital and social platforms. The Producer/Editor will conceptualize, write, produce and edit engaging video content that drives viewers back to Marquee for more Chicago Cubs and sports content night after night.
This seasonal hire can work remotely and does not have to be based in Chicago, but will work as a team player, collaborating with Marketing, Production, Digital and Social teams as well as assist with Sales requests and advertiser partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, produce and edit Marquee Sports Network video content and campaigns ranging from season-long story arcs to daily topical promos, network image spots and episodic promotion for other Marquee Sports Network programming
- Supervise and direct voiceover sessions; remaining informed of video production trends; and directing promotional shoots, as necessary
- Maintain a current knowledge of area collegiate and professional sports; demonstrate baseball knowledge and passion
- Manage production paperwork including music reporting, legal guidelines, keeping in mind journalistic standards and best practices
- Take and deliver feedback constructively, and contribute to an environment of communication and accountability
- Be creatively ambitious, willing to take risks and have fun
- 5+ years of producer/editor experience, with portfolio of video content that demonstrates creative ability and editing excellence; track record of producing original content across all platforms on a deadline
- Proficient in Final Cut and Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere
- Experience with Avid Media Composer is preferred, but not required
- Expert eye for the promotional hook, knack for understanding what engages diverse group of consumers
- Ability to conceptualize and manage content through the various stages of execution, to include: Research/Writing/Producing/Post and Voiceover direction.
- Experience leveraging graphics package and customizing throughout the year for unique creative output
- Comfort and command when working with talent and athletes on creative endeavors
- Expertise selecting music tracks from production music libraries or commercial artists/publishers
- A strong understanding of fundamental design, sense of color, typography and composition
- Ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment, where multi-tasking daily revisions are commonplace as news/schedules develop
- Ability to take feedback fluidly, communicate design decisions, and iterate on tight timelines
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- A passion for brand integrity and high attention to detail
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021