|Date Posted||January 06, 2021|
|Required Education||High School Diploma|
Are you constantly checking Twitter during big news moments? Do you get excited about the latest trends on Instagram and Tik Tok? If you are social media savvy, have a good eye for visual aesthetics, love spilling the tea and producing live content, The TRiiBE is the perfect place for you.
We are looking for a Social Media Producer to cultivate and engage with our fast-growing audience across social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more. This is a key role in delivering content to our audience, and better understanding our audience through analytics. Experience in social media is a MUST.
The TRiiBE is passionate about repairing relationships between marginalized Chicago communities and journalists, so this team member must be based in Chicago. Please expect to work 25 hours per week.
+ RATE: $20-25/hour
+ KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Strategize with our editorial and revenue teams to produce content for our social media channels
– Evaluate social media analytics and track social conversation
– Produce live social media segments
– Spot trends, potential sources and story ideas in your social listening, and share with the larger editorial team
– Develop and maintain a social media calendar
– Minimum 2 years of professional work experience in social media or related field
– Must be an excellent creative writer with strong grammar and proof-reading skills
– Savvy with social media platforms
– A deep understanding and empathy for the economic, social and historical disenfranchisement of the African Diaspora
– Journalism or editorial experience is a PLUS, but not required
– Photo and video editing experience is a PLUS!
Interested applicants should send resume and portfolio to The TRiiBE’s Editor-in-Chief Tiffany Walden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 3 professional references and contact information for them.
The TRiiBE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
+ APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31, 2021