|Date Posted||January 04, 2021|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Texas Monthly is looking for a digital producer who understands reader habits and web trends like no other. The producer will work directly with editors and writers in identifying ways we can grow our audience – whether that’s through a smart SEO strategy, sharp headline writing or how we package our content. This is a one-year contract position for thirty hours a week. Remote candidates will be considered, but preference will be given to applicants based in Texas.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain Texas Monthly’s homepage using strong journalistic judgment
• Use analytics to understand reader behavior and inform best practices
• Assist in the production process for publishing to the web, including writing SEO headlines, tagging stories, and packaging content in a way that increases reader engagement
• Work with the social media and newsletter editors and art team to optimize stories for social and newsletter distribution
• Create engaging digital elements that complement major stories
• Ensure that our travel and other editorial guides are up–to–date
• Assist in retrofitting archive stories or reformatting stories as needed
• Perform general QA duties and flag content or site issues as they arise so they can be quickly addressed
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and capabilities:
• Great facility with language, with an eye for detail
• Familiarity with analytics tools, such as Parse.ly and Chartbeat
• Familiarity with WordPress or other content management systems
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or related field
• Two-plus years of journalism experience
• Two-plus years of audience growth experience
• Audio and photo editing experience are a plus
If you are a qualified candidate, please email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Texas Monthly is committed to diversity and cultivating an inclusive environment. We especially encourage all qualified applicants to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.