||February 18, 2021
||Newspapers / Wires, Digital Media
Questex is seeking a senior editor to lead our expanding Fierce Biotech team. The ideal candidate is a sharp and eager journalist ready to manage and contribute to daily reporting and analysis for a leading news source in the industry we cover. This individual can lead in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, communicate seamlessly with companies, regulatory agencies and colleagues spread across the globe, and work with an experienced team of business journalists who pride themselves on providing breaking news and thorough analysis in a fresh, relatable way.
This person will have a commitment to editorial quality, a competitive spirit, a passion for diving deep into the subjects we cover, and the desire to have a little fun with what they do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Life Sciences editor in chief and senior editors across the group on website and newsletter strategy, style, and processes.
- Manage the Fierce Biotech team of writers and editors.
- Edit and write daily news stories, as well as some long-form features, enterprise reporting and special reports closely watched in the industry we cover.
- Develop a range of sources at companies and regulatory agencies and among industry experts and analysts. Mine government databases, court documents, securities filings and other public sources for news and enterprise stories
- Brainstorm and bring to life features and series that help Fierce Biotech interact with and engage our dedicated community of readers
- Help increase social engagement across the group. Monitor social platforms for breaking stories, and post and interact on those platforms.
- Maintain a strong social media presence. Engage in active conversations around your content and the industry on Twitter, LinkedIn and other social platforms.
- Attend key medical conferences and Fierce Life Sciences events as the public face of Fierce Biotech; cover news from conferences and recruit/moderate our panels and events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 3 years experience in online or print journalism. Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style.
- Business and/or life sciences writing and editing experience.
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to oversee projects from conception to delivery.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Most importantly, a positive attitude, “Fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our professional readers each day
Come join our talented group of writers and editors who enjoy our work—and working together. We believe we’re fielding the best team we’ve ever had, and we want you to be a part of it.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and five published clips, including features and deadline news to Tracy Staton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021