||November 10, 2020
Al-Monitor, a trusted and award winning independent source of Middle East news and analysis, is seeking a Director of Social Media and Audience Acquisition to design and implement strategies for expanding Al-Monitor’s growing international and U.S.-based audiences, develop media partnerships, and further expand brand awareness and revenue growth.
The candidate must have a proven record of designing and implementing audience acquisition strategies across digital platforms, including social media, video, syndication and partnerships.
The ideal candidate should have a record of attaining regular and sustained increased audience gains; a well-established network with social media companies; deep technical knowledge of backend platform designs, algorithms, and regulations; and exceptional multitasking and interpersonal skills so as to efficiently and cohesively manage our company’s social media accounts.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing effective social media marketing and audience acquisition strategies
- Expanding audience and brand awareness according to clearly defined performance metrics, including revenue growth
- Managing Al-Monitor social media accounts and regularly updating them with the latest news and content
- Staying up-to-date with social media trends as well as the latest digital technologies, and integrating them into Al-Monitor operations
- Guiding internal teams for maintaining cohesive social media and audience acquisition strategies
- Communicating with the industry professionals through social media for creating a strong network
- Monitoring user engagement and SEO and also suggesting methods for content optimization
- Preparing weekly/monthly reports on ROI and web traffic
- Facilitating communication between the clients and the company by responding to queries, getting reviews and organizing chats or Q&A sessions
- Design and implement plans to create social ‘hype’ regarding new launches
- Liaising with designers and writers for ensuring that the content remains informative as well as appealing
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- At least five years of experience as a Social Media Strategist
- Proven experience in driving revenue through audience development
- Experience of increasing audience and brand awareness by using social media
- Experience with news content management systems
- Ability to identify the preferences of our target audience and accordingly build social media content
- Sound knowledge of web traffic metrics and SEO tools
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
Competitive based on experience.
Qualified candidates should send CV, include links to recent work and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Social Media and Audience Acquisition” in the subject line.
Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/opportunities
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020