|Date Posted||November 09, 2020|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Join an Emmy Award-winning team of producers as a Producer/Director - 511884 at the Center for Public Television and Radio at the University of Alabama! CPT&R is looking for creative storytellers with a diversity of ideas, beliefs and backgrounds to ensure we are providing our statewide audience with fair, thoughtful, and meaningful content. This is an opportunity to create short documentaries, promotional videos, radio features and podcasts alongside as part of a creative team of producers, directors, editors and journalists whose work has earned multiple Emmys for documentaries and promotional videos, national Edward R. Murrow Awards for outstanding reporting, and the Robert F. Kennedy Award for Radio Journalism.
At CPT&R, an integral part of our mission is to train the next generation of journalists and storytellers by mentoring and working with University of Alabama students. Students learn to produce, edit and shoot alongside our professional staff of producers in the Digital Media Center. As mentors, we expect the producers work and training to inspire these students and teach them how to produce stories that strive for excellence and portray race, gender and class equity.
This is your chance to tell stories about the people, news, food, music, industry and history of Alabama. The ideal candidate is:
· A creative and self-motivated storyteller and researcher with the critical thinking skills to find and produce content throughout the state that appeals to a public broadcasting audience
· Able to work closely with clients to produce work that reflects the ideas and needs of their organization
· A skilled editor who is proficient in Adobe Premiere and can recreate short documentary content into broadcast news video cuts and audio feature pieces for public radio
· Eager to collaborate and work across departments on multi-media projects
· Has basic videography and field production skills and a desire to develop those skills to capture stories
· Excited about the opportunity to train and mentor students in field and post-production
Founded in 1955, CPT&R is a vibrant and motivated television and radio production center whose portfolio includes television and radio series and documentaries on a wide range of topics, from sports to arts and culture to health and business. Located in a 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art digital media center in Bryant Denny Stadium, CPT&R is a teaching laboratory for the College of Communication and Information Sciences, allowing professionals to engage students in meaningful, real-world experience.
Salary commensurate with experience with excellent benefits. This position offers health, dental and vision insurance, as well as retirement benefits. Vacation, holiday, and sick time accrual. Visit staff employment opportunities at jobs.ua.edu for more information and to apply. The deadline to apply is 11/30/2020. The University of Alabama is an equal-opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.