||November 05, 2020
||Newspapers / Wires, Technology Sector
Performs legal news reporting and analysis, analytical pieces and general assignments for pharmaceutical litigation and some regulatory matters; serves as legal resource for non-lawyer colleagues; supports corporate mission as product and legal content specialist and asset for affiliated departments and company generally.
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Screens decisions, briefs, other case filings and dockets; utilizes Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Terminal, and other data and insights resources; analyzes legislation, regulations and other legal developments; maintains robust source pool for assessing, informing, and developing legal news and feature story pitches; edits, reports, researches, updates and/or writes legal content.
- Files breaking news alerts, intraday stories and final write-throughs both in-office and from assigned coverage events.
- Uses social media resources extensively to uncover news angles and disseminate Bloomberg Law content effectively.
- Originates, proposes, and develops original story ideas.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive stable of professional contacts in the government and private sector for use in original reporting, potential contributed content, or help with special projects.
- Participates in production of unit publications as needed.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of issues in relevant legal fields.
- Remains current on issues and developments related to assigned beats.
- Stays abreast of and effectively uses electronic resources, data repositories, graphic and video capabilities and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Participates in Bloomberg radio, video, webinar, and other special projects.
- Assists other legal reporters and managing editors in working with attorneys to develop outside author article ideas and special editorial projects.
- Coaches less experienced legal reporters.
- Balances need for timely production of hard legal news and thorough reporting of business of law articles and in-depth features on evolving regulatory and compliance challenges facing in-house counsel and practicing attorneys.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Abilities in legal research, analysis, and writing in federal and state regulatory, legislative, and judicial processes.
- Ability to write quickly and file news stories on deadline.
- Ability to carry out assigned research and writing projects within deadlines under general supervision.
- Ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc. and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline.
- Ability to use Bloomberg Industry Group publishing tools and other technology effectively with Bloomberg Industry Group training.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues, sources, professional associations, and others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor, substantial progress toward a law degree, relevant coursework, and/or experience required.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in some combination of news reporting, legal writing and/or legal practice.
- Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020