||October 14, 2020
||Newspapers / Wires
||$20,000 to $25,000
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Report and write stories of interest to readers for dissemination across multiple platforms, including print, online, mobile and social media. The stories can be self-generated and approved by a supervisor or be assigned by a supervisor. Works a variety of beats including education, general assignment and breaking news.
- Researches stories using personal contacts, databases and/or the Web; finds the most relevant sources for information; develops a list of knowledgeable, diverse sources.
- Produces story ideas from the assigned beat or from conversations with sources and other members of the community. Brings “real people” into stories.
- Writes stories that are clear and concise, using words, sentence construction and organizational format that aid clarity. Complements stories with points of entry and supporting documents.
- Consistently produces sophisticated stories and story ideas from conversations with co-workers, sources and other members of the community.
- Writes stories that provide sufficient context and use multiple sources.
Conceives and executes an acceptable number of enterprise stories, including those worthy of front-page consideration.
- Provides timely information to photographers, web editors, graphic artists, and presentation editors.
- Reports news quickly and accurately as breaking news online.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
- Four year college degree.
- One year of daily newspaper experience as a fulltime employee or high level intern.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Spells words correctly and uses correct grammar, punctuation and style. Stays up to date on news, both local and the world.
- Develops and maintains a story planning document based on input from editor and creation of ideas from research.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have solid news judgement.
Physical Requirements: Work will be both in an office environment and also will include time in the field, possibility of working in times of hot, cold and inclement weather.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020