||November 13, 2020
We are looking for a Studio Tech/MMJ who will shoot and edit video content for news, weather, features, and sports for website and social media channels. Studio tech/MMJ will assist in the creation of a variety of content including but not limited to the following: mini-documentaries, investigative reports, commercial production, live studio and field production, as well as breaking news coverage.
Position also requires ability to operate Studio Tricaster, LiveU technology, Bit Central Fuel, and properly set up lighting and studio set backdrops for live and taped productions. At times, will serve as producer for segments. Prepares live and on demand video content from studio and field as designated as well as accompanying graphics. Studio tech/MMJ will also record, edit, and upload podcasts as designated.
Working hours: days, nights, weekends, holidays.
Standards of Performance:
- Create daily, breaking, and weekly news programs for various platforms.
- Gathering editorial information via phone, internet, working with Review-Journal new staff, as well as on-location assignments.
- Preparing studio and on location assignments for live and taped video programming.
- Creating video packages and preparing information for live reports as required.
- Delivers video programming that meets or exceeds production values, ensures commercial breaks and sponsorships are delivered inside programs.
- Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure.
- Ensure content deadlines are met.
- Check all video for accuracy, following Review-Journal editorial standards.
- Edit content and upload all content to various platforms including but not limited to STN, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, using appropriate software.
- Create graphics or supervise the production of news graphics to be used within video programming.
- Keep abreast of national and local news/sports and social content.
- Produce and curate daily content uploads in a variety of content management systems.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the newsroom and other departments as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team toward successful completion of projects.
- News writing following AP and Review-Journal standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in a live video environment.
- Ability to work as a team player in the newsroom and build news contacts in the community.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for breaking news and special content opportunities.
- Write, edit, direct editing of video with speed, efficiency and creativity in-studio, newsroom, or field environment.
- Proofread scripts, captions and graphics for spelling, AP style, grammar and accuracy.
- Institutional knowledge of the Las Vegas Valley, newsmakers and recent local history.
- Understanding of local and regional competition.
Optional Requirements/Willing to Learn:
- Experience working with the following platforms:
- AP, Social News Desk, Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Panasonic video equipment, LiveU, Wordpress, Merlin, GPS, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Parse.ly, ROKU, Fire TV, Apple TV, Bit Central.
- Ensures videos have correct tags, title, descriptions, and adhere to SEO best practices.
- Social media experience, ability to learn digital analytics, applying best business practices.
- Ensures videos are in the right playlists including correct title, description, and keywords on YouTube.
Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and clean driving record.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism or broadcast journalism, or equivalent training and experience.
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you posted on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020