||October 08, 2020
Our family of brands—business.com, businessnewsdaily and buyerzone—operates to help businesses grow. Small business owners are often great at their chosen craft or passion but need help with the operational building blocks that help their businesses thrive. We create compelling content, resources, tools, and services to deliver “Business Coaching” that drives operational performance on Main Street. We are seeking a Marketing Writer to help us continue to expand this mission.
The Marketing Writer will research and write articles focused on marketing tools and strategies businesses can use to launch and grow their business brands. This includes product reviews of a wide array of marketing products and services that benefit small business owners, including digital marketing tools and strategies, social media, content marketing tools, marketing automation, and traditional marketing like TV ads and PR.
You’ll assist in driving the content plan for our marketing coverage and building out coverage areas across a variety of marketing-related topics. You’ll spend time on deep research projects that generate valuable recommendations. You’ll engage with our community to spur smart conversations and direct them to the best sources for information and learning. You will push our already broad marketing coverage to the next level, making it a brand-defining and industry-leading voice, and helping business owners across the country manage, build, and grow their businesses.
Our commitment is to build the leading informational resource for our audience of small business owners and operators. Your role is to inform and teach budding and established business owners how to build their companies and drive growth through technology.
- Research and write articles focused on small business marketing topics including brand strategy, digital marketing, content marketing, marketing automation and others.
- Research and write reviews of business marketing products and services.
- Research and write enterprise articles on business leaders, newsmakers, data, or trends that impact the business community.
- Drive ideation for our marketing section, identifying areas ripe for content expansion, growing our overall offerings.
- Work with our editorial, email marketing, social media, and SEO teams to develop content that engages audiences across all platforms.
- Work across the company to help drive marketing-related initiatives for the broader business.
- Help build a content operation that positions us as a resource and thought leader in the business marketing space.
- Help us create what’s next.
- Experience marketing a brand or business and a strong familiarity with strategies and tools needed to market a modern business.
- Strong experience and fluency in digital marketing tools including social media, content marketing platforms, and marketing automation.
- At least 1-2 years of experience writing about marketing, business, or related topics.
- An acute understanding of audience, knowing what readers want and how to reach them with your writing.
- A track record of writing engaging and informational articles for digital publications – you know how to make complex topics simple.
- A strong understanding of how journalism reaches an audience in the digital space, and an understanding of the channels we use to reach them.
- A fluency and comfort incorporating SEO strategies into your writing.
- An interest in working with a growing publication that balances many initiatives at once, with a focus on turning all into compelling, audience-friendly content.
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you posted on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020