||October 07, 2020
Medical Writer / Editor
$55,000 to $65,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Medical communications & strategy agency, active in US, Europe & Japan, virtual team”
We are seeking a Medical Writer to join our team! You will be responsible for the creation and editing of medical communications and education-related projects.Our Clients (mostly in ophthalmology, though expanding):
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Surgical equipment manufacturers
- Diagnostic equipment manufacturers
- Optical manufacturers (glass frames and spectacle lenses)
We are active with projects in (in order of magnitude):
- The U.S.
- SE Asia
- Latin America
- Write medical content for an audience of ophthalmologists and optometrists, including press releases, advertorials, e-newsletters, slide presentations, advisory board reports, blog posts, trade journal articles, and video scripts
- Copyedit, proofread, and fact-check medical content for an audience of ophthalmologists and optometrists, including press releases, advertorials, e-newsletters, slide presentations, advisory board reports, blog posts, trade journal articles, video scripts, literature reviews, peer-reviewed journal articles, and continuing medical educations materials
- Ensure correct style, punctuation, grammar, and consistency using AMA and client style
- Maintain house style guide
- Check reference annotations for accuracy
- Retrieve references
- Conduct image searches
- Submit content electronically to client review systems
- Work closely with editorial staff, graphic designers, project managers, and clients to gain clarity on assignments and ensure projects are completed on time and as required
- Exercise and communicate good judgment when assessing the level of editing a project requires and ensure quality control process steps are completed on all projects
- Join other Ethis staff at ophthalmic and optometric industry conferences and client meetings, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree, preferably in English or communications, or in one of the sciences but with a strong interest and aptitude in writing
- 3-5 years’ medical editing and/or writing experience, preferably in an agency, pharmaceutical, or medical publishing setting
- Experience editing/writing about eyecare preferred but not necessary
- Proven copyediting and proofreading skills and experience, including knowledge of AMA style
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage work independently, resolve conflicts and issues, and work proactively
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects, with changeable deadlines and expectations, and to work effectively with off-site staff or freelancers
- Strong computer skills and aptitude, including knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe, and experience with electronic editing/routing
- Previous experience with electronic submissions systems preferred, but training will be provided
Travel: perhaps a few times per year. Primarily in the US, but at times overseas to Europe and potentially elsewhereReporting to: Chief Content Officer
Location: Virtual, but Nashville, TN preferred. Ethis’ entire team is currently virtual.Our IT environment:
About Ethis Communications, Inc.:
The mission of Ethis is to support our partners in healthcare innovation by providing bespoke strategic solutions, exceptional content, and unrivaled service to our partners around the world.
Ethis began in the mid 1990s as a print publisher with a single focus: to bring clearly written, carefully reasoned content to all corners of the eyecare industry. Today, our robust publishing and marketing efforts bring our signature quality content to traditional and digital platforms. Our reach has expanded, but our focus is the same: from the tear film to the macula, we have eyecare covered and now address other medical specialties.
We bring more than 20 years of experience creating and publishing clear, thoughtful content about the clinical and practical aspects of eyecare. Over the years we have also developed solid relationships with thought leaders and industry players, enabling us to provide timely, accurate communication in all media and across the full gamut of healthcare topics.
Ethis offers a high-energy, exciting, increasingly internationalized workplace with plenty of challenges and lots of room for initiative and growth. Ethis pays healthcare insurance and has 401(k) with immediate vesting and 4% match, while also offering 20 business days of vacation. We offer flexibility as a virtual company working in the cloud and competitive salary commensurate with ability to add value to the company.
Company website: http://www.ethisinc.com
Company address: Nashville, TN
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you posted on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020