||October 06, 2020
||Magazines / Publishing
5280 Magazine is seeking a Senior Editor to join its award-winning staff. The ideal candidate should be a creative, sophisticated, collaborative editor who has a passion for magazine making and storytelling, and a broad journalism skill set.
- Writing approximately four service packages—often cover packages—per year
- Overseeing/top editing Compass, 5280’s front-of-the-book section
- Participating in senior-level meetings regarding story lineups and selection, hiring, etc.
- Overseeing/editing additional service packages
- Writing for all sections of the magazine
- Generating ideas and writing/editing for 5280.com
- Writing and/or editing longform narrative departments and features
- Contributing to ancillary publications 5280 Health and 5280 Home
- Five-plus years of journalism or media experience
- Conceiving of, producing, editing, and managing lively, multifaceted service packages in print and/or online
- Writing for and/or editing a front-of-the-book section or a digital vertical comprised of short, voice-y articles
- Reporting and writing narrative stories of varying lengths
- Interacting collaboratively with art and photo departments
- Working within and covering underrepresented communities
- Thinking creatively and conceptually
- Mentoring junior-level staffers
- Multilingualism, which is a plus
- Health insurance (FSA, FSA dependent care, HSA options, Teledoc)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Public transportation or parking subsidies
- Fitness club membership option
- Paid time off
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
5280 Magazine is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds and life experiences to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply interested candidates should email a:
- Brief cover letter
- Four PDF work samples
Send these three requirements with the subject line “Senior Editor: 5280 Magazine” to email@example.com.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020