||October 01, 2020
||Magazines / Publishing
POSITION SUMMARYQuanta Magazine
is looking for a motivated writing intern for the spring of 2021. This is an outstanding opportunity for a beginning science journalist to dive into physics, mathematics, biology and computer science while developing writing, researching, fact checking and general editorial skills.
This paid internship has a 24 hour-per-week minimum requirement. It will take place between February and May at the magazine's New York City office.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist editors and writers with research and fact checking; contact scientists and press officers to track down and verify information and supporting materials for articles, blog posts and other features.
- Research, report and write Abstractions blog posts.
- Research, pitch and develop a feature news article.
- Manage the general inbox.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree (some graduate science journalism coursework preferred)
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- A background or strong interest in reporting and writing about physics, mathematics, biology or computer science.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Cover letter describing your interest in this position
- Five writing clips
- Names of two references
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Apply Here
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020