||September 30, 2020
||Newspapers / Wires
The News & Observer in the vibrant city of Raleigh, N.C., is looking for a smart, energetic journalist to discover and cover breaking news across the region.
- Find great stories that are fast-moving and highly readable.
- Use social media platforms to help distribute and highlight work.
- Use SEO smartly and strategically; understanding other audience growth processes.
- Understand and use audience metrics to help increase readership.
- Write quickly and often.
- Shoot photos and video when needed.
- Skillfully use content management systems.
- Use data and research to inform reporting.
- Solid news judgment and excellent journalism ethics.
- An intuitive sense of what’s important and interesting to audiences on all platforms.
- A deep curiosity and high energy.
- The ability to write quickly, accurately and engagingly on a wide variety of topics.
- A collaborative work ethic and the ability to communicate easily with people around the office and across the company.
- Proficient knowledge of technology including content management systems and storytelling tools.
- Ability to quickly and accurately research and verify the authenticity of information, sources, photos and video.
- College degree required.
- Reporters with a year or more of successful breaking news experience will be most comfortable in this role.
Applications should include a cover letter, references, and links to writing samples. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. The deadline for applications is Oct. 9, 2020.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020