||September 01, 2020
||$40,000 - $55,000
We are looking for a Content Manager to serve as lead writer and evangelist of Gerten’s brand voice and personality. In this role you will work within our marketing team to lead our efforts in improving and expanding our content and external communications with customers and media outlets. Candidates with a background in journalism, communications, marketing, horticulture, or similar degree field are preferred.
You will be the main gatekeeper of all communication leaving our marketing department. Expectations include proactively and responsively giving guidance and expertise to coworkers to help ensure quality and consistent messaging of the Gertens brand across the organization. This will require excellent organizational skills and communication, cross-departmental collaboration, and external vendor management.
- Gain a deep understanding of our target audience and create content that attracts and holds their attention. Examples include written articles, blog posts, short-form digital content, product landing pages, and video.
- Create great journalistic content, from the idea phase to publishing.
- Manage the quality, quantity, and performance of current and past blog posts.
- Provide copy editing support to the marketing team.
- Create compelling copy for emails, landing pages, TV commercials, and print pieces.
- Spotlight employees and customers with timely and interesting stories.
- Work with department managers to ensure articles and content is always up to date and accurate.
- Manage the annual content calendar and strategy of the Gertens Learning Center.
- Shooting and directing short-form videos for use on digital content and social media as needed.
- Manage a team of subcontractors to help create website content when necessary.
- Collaborate with Social Media Lead to ensure social presence is timely, interesting, and engaging.
- Collaborate with Lead Developer and Designer on website projects as needed.
- Draft press releases as needed for our entire family of businesses.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or Communications is preferred (or equivalent certification and experience)
- 2+ years experience preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Engaging and clear writing style and ability to empathize with the target readers.
- Passion for gardening and outdoor living is a must.
- Gardening, Horticulture, Nursery and/or Landscaping industry experience a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with shooting and editing video is preferred.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented and critical thinker
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020