||August 26, 2020
Position: Multimedia Associate, AS/COA Online
Americas Society/Council of the Americas, New York
Americas Society and Council of the Americas (AS/COA) are sister organizations providing the most trusted forum for debate on issues affecting the Western Hemisphere. Headquartered in New York City, AS/COA also has offices in Washington and Miami.
AS/COA seeks an associate to edit and produce multimedia content, as well as to work as part of the organizations’ digital team assisting with website updates, producing editorial content, and supporting social media strategy. The person must be detail-oriented and able to manage competing demands and deadlines across departments, as well as have knowledge of current events taking place in Latin America. The position is based in New York.
- Recording, editing, and posting videos and podcasts as required, as well as other multimedia content.
- Serving as a producer for live webcasting of events overseeing logistics internally across departments and with external vendors to ensure seamless, high-quality broadcasts and digital programming.
- Producing or overseeing production of graphics, particularly for digital events and streams, using tools such as Adobe Create Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Carrying out online tasks, from creating to editing web pages.
- Conducting photo research for images to accompany AS/COA content and events, providing photo selection and editing support to other departments, and creating slideshows.
- Supporting social media efforts, including promotion and livetweeting of events.
- Writing, editing, and copyediting web content such as explainers, updates, and infographics on Latin America and the Western Hemisphere for a business-oriented audience.
- BA in journalism, communications, international affairs, or relevant field required. Study of/familiarity with Latin America preferred.
- Ability to digitize, edit, and export video content using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere required. Video shooting using HDSLR cameras and audio capturing a plus.
- Experience with online media, editing, and updating web content. Knowledge of Drupal or similar content management system a plus.
- Experience working with streamed programming a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, audio editing, design tools such as Canva or Illustrator and infographic tools such as Infogram preferred.
- Strong English-language writing/editing skills required. Fluency in Spanish preferred, knowledge of Portuguese a plus. Translation experience also a plus.
- Experience with working on social media platforms and their use as a marketing tool preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines accordingly.
To apply: Please submit via email a résumé and a cover letter describing why you are interested in and suited for the position, as well as 1–3 brief writing samples and/or an online portfolio with the subject line “Multimedia Associate, AS/COA Online” to Carin Zissis at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020