||September 10, 2020
||Magazines / Publishing
||$75,000 to $85,000
Our national trade magazine in the near Boulder, Colorado is seeking an experienced, self-starting, detail-oriented managing editor with a minimum of 8 years of experience specifically as a business/trade magazine editor. An additional minimum of five years of business writer experience is also required. The right candidate will have proven, extensive experience combining the innovativeness of a writer, the expertise of a grammarian copy editor, the astute analytical precision of an editor, paired with the vision, multi-tasking and leadership of a manager.
- Hire freelance writers and photographers, plus assign stories to staff writers to produce a monthly 120-page trade magazine and daily industry digital newsletter.
- Plan/facilitate the long-and short term editorial goals of the company with the editor-in-chief to ensure content enhances and grows market share.
- Fact check stories to verify all information is accurate.
- Ensure deadlines are met, all content is industry-specific, relevant to the audience, and is the most current information available on the 1,000s of companies, vehicles, products and people encompassing the recreational vehicle industry.
- Ensure content is created according to company policies and ethically adheres to journalistic best practices.
- Maintain daily contact with industry leaders/newsmakers, CEOs and other executives.
- Proofread and copyedit feature stories to ensure zero grammar or Associated Press Style errors are published.
- Collaborate with the production department on layout and design to create the finished product under strict deadlines.
- Attend annual trade shows and industry events, build relationships with key industry leaders and research industry-specific trends and topics of interest to readers.
- Write long-form feature business stories and news articles for the magazine.
- Oversee the content and production of a daily newsletter with 7 to 15 news articles that function as the newspaper for the recreational vehicle industry.
If you are a take-charge, deadline-driven, hit-the-ground-running, detail-oriented manager with extensive experience coordinating business content for trade magazines, we want to hear from you.
Strong editorial project management and long-term content planning are essential. Extensive, committed-to-memory knowledge of Associated Press Style and English grammar is mandatory for the position.
Please apply if you are comfortable researching and vetting news leads, cold calling organizations/business leaders and are capable of error-free prose, The right candidate will have an impeccable work ethic, paired with an outgoing, friendly, team-oriented demeanor.
To apply, serious candidates who meet the qualifications will include a professional cover letter addressed to “Mr. Davis.”
Resumes that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. Local candidates in the greater Denver area (preferably North Denver/Boulder) will be given preferential consideration. This is an on-site position with no telecommuting. Travel is required 6 to 8 times per year to various trade/business events. Working hours vary from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., depending on deadlines and staff needs. The salary range is 75,000 to 90,000 DOE.
- An English, Journalism or Communications bachelor's degree from an accredited college.
- Eight years experience as a (trade or business) print magazine editor with managerial responsibilities.
- Five years experience as a writer for a printed publication, working in a non-freelance capacity.
- Impeccable grammar/spelling. The position includes heavy editing/copy-editing duties to ensure error-free prose.
- A comprehensive, committed-to-memory knowledge specifically of Associated Press Style is required.
- Duties in this position also include writing business feature stories.
Louisville, Colorado is a short drive to Boulder, Colorado.
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you posted on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020