||July 31, 2020
Cincinnati Public Radio is looking for a radio news reporter to inform and engage the community. Through collaboration with our growing news team, the reporter will gather and present compelling short news stories and longer features covering a variety of significant local issues on-air, online, and across social media platforms. The reporter will have the opportunity to embed in underserved communities for an extended time to tell stories not being reported anywhere else and guide the next generation of journalists through our educational program, Democracy & Me.
Cincinnati Public Radio stations have been trusted members of the Greater Cincinnati community for more than 60 years. Join an award-winning team that works to build connections, make a difference in the lives of listeners, and serve a unique community that is informed, involved and inspired.
- Reports news for on-air, web and social media, including short and long-form stories and interviews. This includes using audio, photos, videos and solid writing skills
- Prepares and shares stories with Ohio Public Radio, Kentucky Public Radio and NPR
- Attends news conferences, public events, and serves on panels representing Cincinnati Public Radio professionally
- Available to be a guest on Cincinnati Edition as news warrants
- Peer editor for other news reporters’ work
- Plays an active role with on-air fundraising
- Participates in station outreach including our educational program, Democracy & Me, and station events
- Serves as back up on-air host
- Bachelor’s degree with Journalism or Broadcasting background or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years experience in radio as host/reporter/producer preferred
- Good broadcast voice and ability to work with direction and coaching
- Strong writing, editing, and interviewing skills
- Understanding of Cincinnati Public Radio’s programming and belief in our mission and vision
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast production, editing and recording equipment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse and creative team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Familiarity and appreciation of public radio news style
- Some evening work required
Please send cover letter, resume and writing and audio samples by 8/27/20 to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020