|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Bakersfield Californian has an opening for a news reporter. The reporter will work on deadlines throughout the day to produce stories, photos, and videos for Bakersfield.com, social media, email alerts, and our print product and e-edition. This person will report, write, and research stories on any news or feature topic as needed. The reporter will continue to serve our robust social media presence in the community,
The selected reporter must be able to:
• Carry out all the duties and responsibilities described above.
• Develop a beat and build sources in the community.
• Follow the best practices in journalism, Associated Press style, and search engine optimization.
• Learn to use and effectively work in a content management system.
• Be well-organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A four-year degree in journalism, communication or a related field is required. A two-year-degree can be substituted only with a minimum of five years of experience post-college in the field of journalism.
• Previous experience as a reporter is required. For this position, college experience as a reporter and editor will be considered.
• Valid CA drivers license with acceptable DMV record, independent transportation, and insurance required
Interested individuals should submit a resume, references, and at least five outstanding work samples to:
The Bakersfield Californian
ATTN: Human Resources-Reporter
3700 Pegasus Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93308
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug screen and a background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Send your resume to this employer.