|Date Posted||June 29, 2020|
C2 Strategic Communications is seeking a senior videographer and producer to lead a variety of video and digital projects from planning to post-production for clients in Kentucky and Indiana. The ideal candidate will be an independent, driven and creative storyteller who uses a full arsenal of skills in video, audio and graphic arts to tell visually compelling stories across platforms.
The senior videographer will work directly with account managers and C2’s creative team to plan and execute a shared vision for videos for commercial, corporate, broadcast and social media use. Position demands excellent communication skills among clients and coworkers, ability to work at a fast pace, excellent time management and strict adherence to project budgets and deadlines.
• Work collaboratively with the C2 team to communicate project objectives, achieve goals, create cohesive products and deliver on deadlines
• Lead creative process for planning and executing client videos
• Develop storyboards and/or scripts in coordination with account managers
• Capture broadcast-quality video and audio in the field and in studio
• Conduct interviews as needed
• Use digital editing software and collaborate with graphic designer as needed
• Maintain strict adherence to schedules and deadlines
• Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and limitations and share that information with management
• Manage and maintain all audio/visual equipment and advise on equipment purchases
• Mentor and support creative team members
• Seek professional development and training to sharpen skills, monitor equipment advancements and enhance services for clients
• Understand and adhere to client budgets and time allocations
• Adhere to and understand client brand standards
• Distill complex information into easy-to-understand charts, graphics, images and/or animation.
• Communicate with clients directly by email, phone and face-to-face conversations clearly, attentively and professionally
• Other duties as assigned
• 5-10 years of videography experience with progressive growth of responsibilities, preferably in a newsroom, agency or corporate setting
• Professional degree in photography, journalism or related field
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Dropbox, YouTube and other digital software and platforms
• Expertise in creating a functional studio and audio suite
• Excellence in field production, including lighting and audio
• Able to shoot and edit under deadline pressure
• Able to complete video projects alone or as part of a team
• Must be able to estimate time needed to complete projects
• Familiarity with industry standard videography equipment; able to make recommendations on purchases and upgrades within company’s budget
Teamwork and Communication:
• Able to analyze client needs, communicate plans clearly and execute projects to meet those needs
• Comfortable working in teams within the firm and with clients; responsive and adaptive to suggestions and constructive criticism
• Excels at setting priorities, creating schedules, maintaining accountability and communicating progress
• Able to work in an agency environment working with multiple clients and account managers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Self-motivated and directed
• Organized with a keen attention to detail
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Interested in team-building and supporting creative team members’ professional growth
• Experience in leading a creative team
• Experience in sales or business development
• Experience with drone video and/or drone license
• Experience in developing and producing podcasts
Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with an hour for lunch, Monday through Friday. Reliable transportation is required. Occasionally, night and weekend hours might be required.
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Interested applicants should send a resume and portfolio via https://c2strategic.com/senior-videographer-and-producer/. Portfolio must include five (5) video projects of varying lengths and complexity. Please submit portfolio via Vimeo or YouTube link.
Send your resume to this employer.