|Date Posted||October 12, 2021|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The Daily Inter Lake in Kalispell, Montana is seeking an enthusiastic reporter to cover natural resources and government for Northwest Montana's largest news team. Newsroom experience is preferred, but emerging journalists with strong clips will be considered. This full-time position offers a competitive wage, generous benefits and a 401K retirement plan.
• Deliver both in-depth and fast-breaking reports on deadline.
• Enterprise story ideas and work on assignment.
• Work with other team members on daily assignments and larger projects.
• You understand community journalism.
• You have an aptitude for finding compelling story angles that connect with readers. You have strong news judgment.
• You are digitally savvy and can identify multi-media opportunities.
• Published seven days a week, the Daily Inter Lake delivers news coverage for Northwest Montana through a variety of print and digital products. Our award-winning newsroom is the largest news team serving the region.
• Editors continually strive to create an engaging work environment and encourage collaboration between reporters and teams. New ideas are embraced and hard work is rewarded.
About the area:
• Kalispell is one of the fastest growing small cities in the country with a vibrant downtown and unmatched access to outdoor recreation. Glacier National Park, two ski resorts and the West's largest natural freshwater lake are all within a short drive.
How to apply:
Email a cover letter, resume and work samples to Daily Inter Lake managing editor Matt Baldwin at email@example.com. The successful candidate will need to have a clean driving record and must pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.