||May 07, 2020
||TV Jobs, Nonprofit
||48,000 - 51,000
Alaska Public Media is recruiting for an experienced multimedia journalist to work with our dedicated team of reporters, editors and producers to provide in-depth coverage of issues in Alaska for statewide and national audiences. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high impact news capacity-building effort at a dynamic time in Alaska.
The Multimedia Journalist will provide regular visual content for Alaska Public Media’s news team including feature videos, photos and graphics. The Multimedia Journalist will assist in building, and occasionally maintaining the website and social media sites for Alaska Public Media.
Alaska Public Media is the source for NPR radio and PBS television for South Central Alaska and stewards Statewide News.
The Multimedia Journalist will:
- Produce and edit regular news and video features for TV, web.
- Produce and edit regular news and video features for Alaska Insight.
- Operate TV studio equipment, perform floor directing and technical directing of TV studio recordings.
- Create promotional video spots for news content and events.
- Assist and collaborate with reporters and producers in creating and posting multimedia news and public affairs content.
- Take photographs and write AP News style photo captions for news articles and photo stories.
- Produce video stories for special projects, series and engagement events.
- Help maintain regular web/social media presence.
- Collect and analyze web and social media analytical data and use findings to direct content presentation.
- Participate in various programming and news initiatives.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the above functions, the Multimedia Journalist will:
- Attend regular news meetings and contribute story ideas and suggestions.
- Be proactive about collaborating with news staff and reporters.
- Maintain high quality technical and program standards.
- Meet deadlines and uphold professional journalistic practices and standards.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently to various stakeholders.
- Display excellent news and programming judgment.
- Perform successfully in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Stay informed on news and current issues in Alaska.
- Stay abreast of contemporary broadcast, equipment, software, and web trends.
- Multitask and work across multiple media platforms.
- Assist with Production and Creative Services projects as assigned.
- Experience recording and editing audio and video for TV and Web.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere Pro, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Ability to work collegially with multiple stakeholders and audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, creative organization and professionally in a team-based environment.
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube).
- Ability to meet various deadlines.
- Two years’ experience working in journalism/news and complying with journalistic standards and ethics.
- Clear communicator in English both verbally and in writing.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communication, Broadcasting or related field.
- Experience creating projects from start to finish, i.e. story development, shooting, editing and publishing.
- Four years’ experience working in television, film industry or video production.
- Experience working in public media.
Please submit copies of work along with cover letter and resume
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020