||August 01, 2020
News4 and FOX11, KRNV/KRXI-TV, in Reno, NV are looking for an experienced Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll, supporting approximately 100 employees under the general direction of the station's Business Manager and Corporate Regional HR Manager. The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years of experience in human resources working in a fast-paced environment. Positive attitude, effective communication, follow-through, and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. The HR/PR Coordinator supports processes (almost all paperless) associated with the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding/exiting, benefits administration, training and development, and performance management, in addition to employee relations.
While no day will be exactly the same, you'll be involved in a variety of HR functions including but not limited to:
- Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture.
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO.
- Prepare and review of a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried staff.
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate onboarding/exiting process, present information and materials, and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems.
- Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in ATS, schedule interviews, conduct reference checks, etc. Ensure compliance with FCC/EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring.
- Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed
- Administer leaves of absence according to company policy.
- Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications.
- Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees.
- Assist in planning and coordinating team trainings, morale events, and activities.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of HR Generalist level experience.
- Solid understanding of NV employment laws.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties.
- Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail.
- Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and previous HRIS experience.
- Professional experience in television broadcasting a plus.
Please upload a resume and cover letter when applying.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020