||March 12, 2020
Bloomberg Industry Group provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg Industry Group is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Performs advanced researching, tracking, and analysis of legal developments relevant to payroll in the U.S. and other countries. Independently writes compliance guide and news content regarding these legal developments in a collaborative environment.
- Performs complex research regarding a variety of payroll-related topics, including, but not limited to, personal income taxation, social insurance taxation, compensation and benefits, worker classification issues, expatriate payroll, and payroll data processing.
- Writes compliance guide material and news articles regarding payroll-related topics and maintains currency of existing material on Bloomberg Tax & Accounting’s payroll products.
- Ensures that legal developments are reported upon in compliance guide material and news articles with precision.
- Uses Bloomberg Industry Group compliance guide and news publishing systems to create content.
- Ensures that relevant legal developments within assigned coverage areas are timely detected and reported upon through editing compliance guide content and drafting news articles using plain, readily understandable language to explain legal topics.
- Engages customers about appropriateness of content provided and fields requests from customers and sales force regarding product coverage.
- Resolves operating problems as they arise, and keeps manager apprised of developments.
- Maintains consistency in scope of coverage of assigned services.
- Remains current on payroll-related topics.
- Develops and maintains sources of information, including, but not limited to, representatives of government agencies or departments, payroll practitioners, and websites that are monitored.
- Ensures that prescribed Bloomberg Industry Group policies, procedures, and schedules are followed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll-related subject matter included in products.
- Ability to research, monitor, and analyze complex developments related to payroll-related topics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key payroll-related compliance issues and best practices.
- Significant understanding of legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes, and of audits of policies, practices, and procedures to identify possible violations.
- Participation in subject-matter training, including training preparation, coordination, and presentation.
- Ability to analyze complex topics and write about them in plain language for a diverse customer base of payroll practitioners.
- Ability to work on a team and independently on assignments and projects in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and summarize complex payroll-related information from multiple types of sources.
- Ability to appropriately and efficiently multitask.
- Ability to understand and apply mathematics involved in payroll calculations.
- Ability to efficiently write effective news articles.
- Ability to create content in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate study in payroll-related subject area preferred. Degree in journalism, communications, English, or another relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of four years of working experience with payroll-related issues, including work in a payroll department, or a payroll consulting organization, or a publishing organization that creates tax or compensation legal compliance content, or other payroll compliance activities.
- Alternatively, minimum of four years of journalism experience, preferably in business or payroll-related issues.
- Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020