||March 05, 2020
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America’s electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
• Top Workplace by the Washington Post
• 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine
• 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
• CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
• Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE
• Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America
• State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person’s overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Develop and execute NRECA’s social media strategy across various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube. Work closely with various business units and cross-functional teams to develop content that supports association goals and objectives. Promote NRECA as an industry leader in the digital space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage corporate social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube.
- Create engaging and dynamic content and develop weekly editorial calendars.
- Contribute social media content for use by internal network via Straight Talk.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop relevant social media content to support various campaigns and initiatives.
- Monitor social media and industry news trends and present NRECA as a thought-leader in relevant industries.
- Work closely with PR team to develop and distribute relevant news via social media channels.
- Develop paid media strategies for social channels and manage process for promoted and sponsored ads and posts.
- Track and report critical community feedback and comments to management and internal teams.
- Collaborate with other social media page managers to ensure consistency and continuity.
- Keep current with trends and best practices for all things social.Manage online discussions and, when appropriate, interact with followers/users by reposting, retweeting, replying and @mentioning.
- Review, monitor and report anaylitics for social media accounts and keep stakeholders and internal partners informed on trending content.
- Develop and maintain NRECA’s social media policies and guidelines, in collaboration with internal communications partners.
- Uphold corporate brand standards and enhance NRECA’s social identity.
Requirements and Qualifications
Formal Education Required:
Bachelor's or master's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards and social media best practices and trends.
- Five or more years experience managing social media in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms and knowledge of social media marketing concepts.
- Proficiency in social media tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite Enterprise, Tweetdeck, or Social Flow.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to write for different audiences with different messages.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, maintain professional composure and facilitate consensus among parties to achieve project goals.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction, carrying projects from inception to completion; must also work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand needs of internal partners and confidently guide them to the most appropriate solution(s)
- Experience with Google Adwords and promoted social media posts
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Working knowledge of energy utility industry
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020