||May 14, 2020
WLOS/WMYA-TV is seeking a Business Manager to perform Accounting and Human Resources duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. Accounting duties include assisting with management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station and ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines. HR duties include managing and carrying-out recruitment, hiring, employee relations, benefits, and personnel record keeping functions.
- Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
- Preparation of month end journal entries, financial statements, forecast, reports, variance analysis, etc.
- Reviews balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Interaction with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information
- Manages and prepares payroll process
- Assists in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller
- Ensures recruiting and hiring compliance in accordance with FCC/EEO regulations
- Prepares offer letters and initiates background checks
- Conducts new hire orientations and exit interviews
- Participates in employee relations matters, which may include preparation of disciplinary documents and investigating complaints
- Leave administration
- Maintains personnel files and other HR records
- Reports/responds to workers' compensation and unemployment claims
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
- A minimum 2 years relevant work experience in Accounting and Human Resources
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Working knowledge of human resources, payroll, internal control procedures and general ledger
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- The ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
- Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020