||May 14, 2020
KHGI/KFXL are seeking an detail oriented, aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Editor!
Skills and Experience:
- Assign and track news crews
- Identify and develop daily content
- Write and post content to station website and social media sites
- Compelling and accurate writing
- Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor web sites and social media, react to developing news
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources to enterprise story ideas
- Listen for and respond to breaking news
- Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Assignment desk experience preferred. 2-years of newsroom experience required.
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020