||March 26, 2020
We are seeking an experienced a Sr. Software Engineer - Streaming Media to join our Media Platform Engineering team within our fast-paced organization. The Media Platform team provides foundational services, delivering ad supported, streaming video capabilities to our 200+ properties. These include our local news operations, sports operations, The Tennis Channel, and STIRR. These provide 24 X 7 news and entertainment to our nationwide audience. We are excited to be extending our current capabilities and helping shape the future of IPTV and Next Gen TV by creating standalone microservices, enabling a fast, stable, and scalable platform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Design and develop code, leveraging technology to maintain and extend our cloud-based platform services
- Enhance stability and strengthen the architecture as well as the reliability and performance of our components
- Deliver value to the business, content producers and audience through iterative improvements to our products and the way they are experienced
- Demonstrate technical leadership within the Agile team by raising up peers and team members
- Enable success for the team and the wider organization by acting tactically to consistently deliver innovative, durable solutions
- Lead and influence the architectural design of features that fully meet specifications whilst driving quality and embracing and extending existing policies, practices and design patterns
- Communicate and coordinate effectively across teams and stakeholders
- Collaborate with customer support, engineering and operational teams to ensure systems are intuitive, secure, scalable, reliable, and performant
- Seek out opportunities to increase effectiveness and value to improve the processes as well as practices around application deployment and management
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience designing and building highly scalable and reliable server-side web services
- Previous experience implementing continuous delivery and DevSecOps solutions.
- Strong automation skills related to continuous integration and continuous delivery (tool agnostic) and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes
- Expertise in any of the following tools and systems: (will vary depending on the job): Docker, Jenkins, Git, Amazon Cloud
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team:
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family's every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020