|Date Posted||February 12, 2020|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
News reporter/ editor
The Bakersfield Californian has an opening for a highly experienced news reporter/editor. The reporter will tackle complex and in-depth stories while also turning quick dailies and editing whenever called upon. We seek a proven reporter with at least 10 years of experience at a mid-size daily newspaper. The reporter will work on deadlines throughout the day to produce stories, photos and videos for Bakersfield.com, social media, email alerts and our print product and e-edition. The reporter/editor will continue to serve our robust social media presence in the community,
The selected reporter must be able to:
• Carry out all the duties and responsibilities described above and as assigned.
• Build sources in the community across a variety of news topics.
• Follow the best practices in journalism, Associated Press style and search engine optimization.
• Effectively work in a content management system.
• Be well-organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• At least 10 years of reporting experience at a mid-size daily, or a strong, proven track record of excellent reporting and writing.
• A four-year degree in journalism, communication or a related field.
• Valid drivers license with acceptable DMV record, independent transportation and insurance required
Interested individuals should submit a resume, application, references and at least five outstanding work samples to:
The Bakersfield Californian
ATTN: Human Resources-Reporter/Editor
3700 Pegasus Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93308
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug screen and a background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Send your resume to this employer.