||February 10, 2020
The mission of DID is to preserve and enhance a vital and attractive downtown Minneapolis for the people who invest in, work, shop, visit and live here. The Mpls Downtown Improvement District (DID) is a business funded non-profit that leads and collaborates to make downtown safer, cleaner and greener. We convene people across sectors and jurisdictions to work on downtown issues, develop innovative solutions to complex public space challenges and operate the downtown ambassador program. Launched in 2009, the DID implements these services and programs in a 120+ block area of downtown Minneapolis.
The DID is wholly controlled subsidiary of the Mpls Downtown Council (mdc). The mdc is a 501 (c) 6 organization with the mission to create an extraordinary downtown through leadership, collaboration, advocacy and innovation. Founded in 1955, mdc is one of the most historic central business district associations in the nation and currently has 460 downtown-area organizations in its membership. It produces such cherished Mpls events as the Aquatennial and Holidazzle as well as other downtown events throughout the year.
This position is responsible for supporting the communications and relationship management functions of the DID. Primary responsibilities are to provide marketing and communications assistance in the organization’s day to day programmatic, creative and administrative tasks and initiatives, including front- and backend website maintenance, social media, marketing email outreach, graphic design, as well as onsite content for public activations and community outreach activities as needed. Ideal candidate is creative, energetic and collaborative, and understands and embraces the role of marketing and communications as an internal and external service organization. Individual should thrive in a fast-paced, team environment, have a passion for success and innovation, and provide critical value-added support to both staff and partners. Organized, dependable self-starter who can juggle several tasks and priorities at once as well as produce high quality work for different audiences. Core hours will follow general business hours but will flex to include early evening or weekend hours as needed. This position will have dual reporting to the Communications Manager and the Chief Operating Officer but will work collaboratively with all members of the DID staff.
JOB TITLE: Communications Coordinator LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis
SALARY: DOQ TYPE: 40 hrs/week
SUPERVISOR: Communications Manager/COO START DATE: March 2020
The DID and mdc are equal employment opportunity employers and do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital, family, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. The DID and mdc are committed to recruiting and hiring qualified individuals without regard to protected status and encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for open positions. This position will be an employee of the mdc serving to implement the DID.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage front and backend of DID website content management system, including recurring site updates and blog posting
- Manage a variety of social media platforms and pages, including planning and executing creative posts and updates primarily for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Plan, create and distribute recurring newsletters. This is a highly collaborative process, working with various staff members for content and distribution
- Work with operational staff to develop ongoing communications vehicle that can update and engage key stakeholders regarding operational services and outcomes.
- Work in collaboration with DID staff and outside agencies to produce creative and polished electronic and print materials
- Participate as needed to support the communication about various new DID initiatives and campaigns, including involvement in the identification and development of those initiatives or campaigns.
- Produce and/or collaborate with DID team to build annual collateral and outreach tools including Annual Report, Operating Plan, Perception Survey, Greening Awards, and other key organizational initiatives.
- Assist with public relations needs (internally and externally led) as needed
- Oversee marketing and communications projects involving external contractors including video work as needed
- Ensure all communications are in line with the DID brand standards and are consistent with the brand identity of the joint organizations of mdc-DID.
- Provide onsite assistance at various activities produced or supported by DID including but not limited to photography, live social media posting, production assistance (signage, AV sound & staging), tabling and hosting.
- Assist as requested in the final reporting of initiative or activation outcomes to include infographic marketing and event data analytics, demographics and other information.
- Provide general support and coordination, including managing electronic and print materials and resources, and researching new tools/technologies
- Assist with DID and/or partner specific mass mailings, and assembly of information and support materials
- Serve as project manager on development of new organizational website and assume responsibilities for ongoing maintenance of new site
- Respond to other matters as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Marketing and communications experience, ideally with understanding of internal and external clients and constituents
- Experience or background in website management and maintenance
- Experience developing, designing and managing electronic marketing
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous complex projects.
- Excellent customer service, human relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to genuinely contribute to team efforts and respond respectfully to leadership guidance. Be communicative and collaborative in approach, open to new ideas and development, with the ability to work seamlessly and effectively with diverse internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Strong time management and project coordination skills. Discern work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Adaptable, flexible, energetic, innovative, and extremely productive with a high degree of initiative
- Resourceful – obtain and learn information needed to do the job from all relevant sources
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites, WordPress, social media platforms, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
Please apply via email to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- 3 professional references
- 3-5 writing samples
- 2-3 social media post samples
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020