||February 05, 2020
||Based on experience
The Consumer Advice team at U.S. News & World Report is looking for a sharp financial reporter to join our enthusiastic team to produce online investing content. This role is responsible for writing insightful, actionable content that relates to individual investors. The Investing Reporter works closely with a team of editors, reporters and producers in a fast-paced digital environment. Strong writing skills are required, and an investing or personal finance background is a must. This full-time position is located in our Washington, D.C. office.
The ideal candidate can write clean copy that helps our online audience make decisions about their investments and money. Our Consumer Advice content avoids jargon to give readers helpful, actionable advice.
- Research and write investing stories directly in our CMS that analyze current conditions and long-term trends to help readers make informed decisions about their money.
- Be an essential part of a team that generates digital content with a consumer advice focus.
- Contribute to the writing and production of our daily and weekly newsletters/emails.
- Have a passion for creating content for emerging digital platforms, whether it’s conceptualizing a series for Instagram or hosting a Twitter chat.
- Generate original story ideas as well as produce SEO-driven content.
- Collaborate with our public relations team to promote your expertise in investing, with media appearances.
- One to three years of reporting and editing experience, with a background in business or investing reporting.
- Knowledge of investing topics, including stocks, funds, financial advisors and retirement issues.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts, AP style, web analytics and social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter.
- The ability to multitask and work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced, digital environment.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- College degree or equivalent.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401(k) plans.
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume and three writing samples.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020