||February 03, 2020
||Magazines / Publishing
Consumer Reports—the nation's premier independent product testing organization—seeks a highly skilled editor and manager of people to help oversee CR's team of auto journalists, specifically focusing on editing and managing CR's extensive auto review and auto-related product coverage. The ideal candidate is a self-professed car geek with broad experience in mainstream media and significant editing and management skills. He or she labors over article organization, is a strategist who can develop new digital-first forms of storytelling, and is at ease discussing automotive technology with our expert testing staff as well as representatives from the auto industry.
The successful candidate has a collaborative spirit and a demonstrated knack for working across department lines on multi-platform content. This is a unique chance to help lead one of CR's most important franchises that reaches millions of readers every day.
- Partner with CR's Deputy Director of Content Development to help reshape and refine our car review process and content offerings around our extensive testing of vehicles.
- Partner with the Deputy Director to set overall editorial strategy for cars coverage; help manage and direct budget.
- Assign and edit car reviews and other product-focused content related to our autos testing program.
- Directly manage and steer a team of writers/reporters focused on delivering smart reviews and other stories about our test results.
- Help develop new digital-first storytelling formats and tools around our autos coverage.
- Instill a culture of excellence with every story, small or large that's produced.
- With the help of other managers and reporters, successfully pitch full-fledged multi-platform packages for our print and digital publishing operations.
- Must have a college degree, plus minimum 5-7 years' experience writing and editing consumer-facing cars content, with an emphasis on product reviews.
- Experience with digital content required, multi-platform experience that includes print and video highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated success in a fast-paced multi-platform content environment; be both fast and have with high editorial standards.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills a must.
- Candidate should also be able to package content for print and digital platforms. Experience partnering with UI/UX, data visualization, digital product management,
business development / strategic content partnerships, is beneficial.
- Will also work closely with Cross-Platform Managing Editor to help manage aggressive deadlines across both print and digital products so must have strong understanding of journalistic strategy and principles in both disciplines.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020