||January 31, 2020
||Approximately $75,000+ base
Blue Heron Research Partners is looking to hire a project manager in New York (with the opportunity to work remotely) who has a natural intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to lead small research teams.
Who we are:
Blue Heron is rapidly growing research firm that conducts qualitative due diligence on behalf of institutional investors and corporate clients. We apply the fundamentals of investigative and business journalism -- detailed interviews and meticulous public records searches -- to uncover insights into executives, corporate strategy, competitive landscape, and customer experience.
Who you are:
- Experience in journalism, business intelligence, technical writing, and/or research.
- 7+ years experience managing small groups.
- Comfortable assertively and proactively leading small teams to a project's completion.
- Adept at giving constructive feedback to colleagues.
- Skilled editor and writer with ability to deliver well-written clear business reports.
- Keen attention to detail while working on a deadline.
- Capable and quick study of computer systems and basic project management software.
What you'll do:
- Oversee primary research due diligence projects -- directing an investigative team as it gathers business intelligence for institutional investors and corporate clients.
- Manage project team, including associates, editors, researchers, and client contact.
- Monitor researchers to ensure delivery on project goals, scope of work, and areas of inquiry.
- Guide and assist associates as they gather background research and collect sources.
- Liaise with research and database teams to increase the depth of due diligence and adjust to changing client directions.
- Problem solve when a project has stalled to find creative solutions and remain on track.
- Assertively and proactively manage projects, rather than passively wait for client prompts.
- Review/edit researcher interviews and write executive summaries. Deliver constructive feedback regarding lines of inquiry.
- Serve as secondary client contact when necessary, including written and oral communication.
- Comfortable and effective when communicating with clients surrounding project launch, midstream and completion.
- Ability to enforce all compliance guidelines, including those specific to individual clients, throughout the process.
- Safeguard against poor source integrity and related research information.
- Approximately $75,000+ base, dependent on experience, plus bonus.
- 401k matching
- Health Care
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Project Manager. If we think you could be a good match, we’ll be in touch to let you know the next steps. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive for these positions, we are not able to acknowledge every application.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For more information about our company please visit https://www.blueheronrp.com.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020