||January 29, 2020
||Magazines / Publishing
Job Title: Editor ProRodeo Sports News
Supervisor: Media Director
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Date prepared: 01/27/2020
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Oversees all aspects of production of ProRodeo Sports News and editing ProRodeo.com. Plans and implements direction of rodeo coverage for digital and print edition of PSN. Aids Media Director in planning direction of PRCA media department.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with media director, and other senior managers, in planning direction of PSN and ProRodeo.com to best promote PRCA and its media outlets
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Ensures budgets and schedules with PSN meet corporate requirements
- Works closely with Media Director to aid in managing and directing PRCA media staff
- Corresponds directly with Social Media Coordinator in planning and producing content for PRCA’s social media outlets
- Evaluates employees, aids in hiring media staff
- Schedules and meets deadlines for PSN, both print and digital editions
- Works with other PRCA department heads on media-related projects and others
- Works directly with PRCA Publications Manager in aiding with production and promotion of ProRodeo Program, PRCA Media Guide, PRCA Contract Personnel Directory, PRCA Committee Guide, the editorial content in the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo Program
- Coordinates freelancers for contributions to PSN and ProRodeo.com
- This is not an all-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly Supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include; planning, directing work, performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial documents. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Ability to respond appropriately to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
- Proficient business vocabulary to effectively represent the executive and the company.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign/Photoshop.
- Ability to schedule travel arrangements accurately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands and meets performance standards.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of industry.
- Working knowledge of AP Style.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in journalism, mass communications, public relation; 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSES
Working conditions: Works in office environment and occasionally travels for sponsor meetings and conventions out of state. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, walk and stand. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with some occasional weekends and evenings.
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you posted on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020