||January 21, 2020
Freelance Writer - Statistics Articles
Your role in a nutshell: research, write and edit 10 articles that highlight the most recent and relevant statistics across multiple industries.
This position includes:
- Researching data that is relevant to the topic being written about
- Highlighting the most interesting and valuable statistics for the reader
- Writing and editing 10 articles that are typically 1,000 words each
- Working with an editor on an outline, first draft, and editorial revisions for each article. This may require communication through Zoom, Slack, and/or email.
Our Mission: To deliver the best answers to people’s questions.
Fit Small Business has been named to Inc. 500's list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for two years in a row. The company has more than three million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 180+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
As a freelance writer you:
- Are a strong, published writer with experience writing compelling content that journalists and bloggers want to link to
- Have the ability to parse through data reports to extract the most relevant stats
- Understand how to write content that ranks well organically in Google search results
- Are self-motivated and can meet deadlines with little oversight
- Are open to feedback, and strive to learn something new every day
- Have experience working remotely and are comfortable receiving editorial feedback via Zoom, Slack, and/or email
You are an experienced online writer that understands how to create content that captivates readers, and gets the attention of bloggers and journalists.
Tools We Use:
G Suite, Slack, Trello, Wordpress, Guru, Zoom
*It’s fine if you have not used these tools before; just be excited to learn them quickly. Experience with any of them is a plus.
What we offer you:
10x article package, delivered within 4 weeks. This includes the outline, first draft, and one round of revisions based on edit feedback.
Opportunity for continued work if things go well
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020