||January 13, 2020
Hubbard DC, which includes WTOP and Federal News Network, is committed to reporting relevant news for our region. Through continuously evolving brands, we connect consumers with advertisers across a growing number of distribution platforms including radio, podcasts, social media, and websites. We do this with a commitment to our community...while growing our people and profits.
Contribute daily to make Federal News Network the leading provider of timely and relevant news and information about the people, policies and programs of the federal government with a focus on technology, human resources, financial management, Defense, acquisition and other management areas.
- Write print stories for website using such sources as audio interviews, Associated Press wire stories and raw news facts.
- Create images to appear with stories using an online tool, edit video clips and post to website. Work with Executive/Deputy Editors, Reporters, Anchors, and Producers to generate interactive elements and additional content for news stories.
- Monitor data analytics tools to make informed editorial content management decisions.
- Identify and post engaging social media content on various platforms that matches overall goals for news and community outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of news writing experience (newspaper or web writing preferred).
- Computer proficiency, including experience with digital publishing content management systems; photo editing, video editing, and basic HTML tags.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Sound news judgment and excellent writing skills (incl. spelling and grammar).
- Demonstrate initiative, judgment and hands-on determination to take a web story from conception to post under tight deadlines.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with outside vendors and content providers.
- Constantly generate new, fresh and unique content that is up-to-the-minute and community focused.
- Prior experience using major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, HTML and audio editing.
An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020