||January 13, 2020
Hubbard DC, which includes WTOP and Federal News Network, is committed to reporting relevant news for our region. Through continuously evolving brands, we connect consumers with advertisers across a growing number of distribution platforms including radio, podcasts, social media, and websites. We do this with a commitment to our community...while growing our people and profits.
Write clear, concise, accurate broadcast news copy under deadline.
- Write clear, concise, accurate broadcast news copy under deadline.
- Write copy that is accurate and fair using sound news judgment;
- Take lengthy print and digital copy and extract all salient points in a conversational broadcast style and in a concise manner.
- Pull short headline audio and clips, and write compelling headlines and teases. Must be able to use sound to tell the story.
- Level-headed, team player, able to work well in a fast-paced environment under constant deadline pressure.
- Ensure all news meets WTOP's core brand attributes and falls within all company and legal parameters.
- Alert editors and news directors to scripts and audio that do not meet WTOP's standards.
- Coordinate with editors and anchors about what is needed for on-air product
- 3+ years' experience as a writer for a broadcast news operation (radio or TV)
- Broadcast Journalism degree of equivalent experience is preferred.
- Excellent broadcast writing and research skills required.
- Ability to work independently in a high-pressure setting under tight deadlines.
- Abilit to make quick decisions during breaking news.
- In-depth knowledge of local D.C. news market.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of newswire services.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020