||January 02, 2020
Who You Are
You’re a creative person who is passionate about health care and communications. You know how to translate complex health care topics into clearly written, plain language content that can be understood by the general public. You’re a communications strategist who thinks creatively about measuring impact and finding the best format to communicate a message. You know how to manage multiple projects against competing deadlines, are a team player who takes initiative, and can work in a fast-paced, high-profile environment. Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
We’re seeking an energetic communications professional and writer to support fast-moving and wide-ranging communications initiatives in support of military health care.
Job responsibilities include:
- Write articles and other public-facing content informed by research and primary sources, for journals and/or online mediums
- Assist with light design work, like editing content using Adobe InDesign and Microsoft PowerPoint for print and digital materials, including but not limited to: fact sheets, brochures, newsletters, presentations, and handbooks
- Work with a team and clients to develop creative ideas to support the promotion of large-scale military health care initiatives
- Support established change management and communications strategies
- Adhere to brand guidelines with all communications products
- Proofread and revise communications to ensure compliance with guidelines
- Manage multiple deadlines and ensure accurate, updated content in a timely fashion
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, English, public health, or related field
- 3 – 5 years of experience in communications and/or writing, preferably in the area of health policy or health care
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud design tools, including but not limited to InDesign
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Solid grasp of grammar rules and Associated Press (AP) style
- Ability to work as a part of a team and independently, managing several projects
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well under the pressure associated with multiple short-notice deadlines
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020