||January 06, 2020
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a mid– level Software Developer. We are searching for a creative individual to create and maintain software and integrations that support internal business processes. The Software Developer responsibilities will include developing new applications for various business departments, maintaining and enhancing applications and creating and maintaining complex integrations.
The enterprise systems that the position will be exposed to range from large ERP databases and highly transactional sales systems to data warehousing and reporting systems, each with many integrations and dependencies. These systems support both our business and media operations and service thousands of internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a corporate development environment and should have experience with web-based software development as well as writing their own basic SQL queries to support their application.
- 5 years of experience in software development, application design and application integration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and have proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes.
- Experience with the Dell Boomi integration platform a huge plus but not required.
- Having experience with any of the following technologies would support your success with working with our applications and integration platform:
- SQL and XML technologies
- SOAP/REST and HTTP
- Basic scripting experience
- Java platform knowledge
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise software systems and SaaS using industry standard environments including XML, HTTP/HTTPS, Java and ASP.
- Linux/Unix skills a plus
- Familiarity with visual-based integration middleware platforms
- Database skills including SQL, data modeling, and databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
- Messaging skills including JMS (e.g. ActiveMQ, MQSeries, OracleAQ)
- HTML5. CSS3
- Microsoft .NET C# experience
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, and/or Bootstrap
- Experience with enterprise integration tools, middleware technologies, and application and data integration patterns including ESB, MOM, JMS, SOAP/REST web services, databases, ETL.
- Practical experience implementing services-oriented architecture design and enabling technologies including messaging, XML, JSON, web services, and HTTP.
- Experience with Cloud and Software-as-a-Service paradigm and enabling technologies.
- General knowledge of common business systems (CRM, SFA, ERP) and processes (lead to cash, requisitions, order management, etc.).
- General knowledge of key application infrastructure components such as VMware, storage (NAS, SAN, SMB), Java JVM, networking (firewall, load balancing, proxies).
- Experience maintaining code with version control, preferably Git.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to audiences from developers to executives.
- Complete understanding of the software development life cycle, and experience developing to timelines.
- Excellent analytical and procedural thinking skills.
- Quick to embrace new technologies and able to self-teach.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020