||January 18, 2020
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Stadium is looking for a roll-up-your sleeves HR Generalist who wants to join a fast-paced, growing, laid-back, sports-centric culture where no two days are ever the same! Reporting to the Managing Director, Operations, the HR Generalist will manage the day-to-day responsibilities mostly around recruitment, new hire on-boarding, benefits administration and general culture initiatives. The HR Generalist should be passionate around the new hire experience and enjoy supporting a growing organization where employees have lots of questions and every day is filled with busy work.
- Support the recruitment process including job postings, sourcing, pre-screening, coordinate interviews, follow up with candidates, creation of offer letters and initiating the on-boarding process
- Prepare job descriptions and manage job postings on multiple sites
- Full responsibility of new hire on-boarding within our HRIS systems, new hire paperwork, I-9 compliance and new employee orientation
- Facilitate the full life-cycle activities from onboarding through termination; including terminating employees from HRIS and benefit systems as well as conducting and analyzing exit surveys
- Maintain employment records within HRIS system related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves and promotions
- Effectively respond to routine inquiries from employees and managers regarding employee portal logins, accessing documents, time clock issues, password resets, etc.
- Lead the benefits administration, the input of employee benefit enrollments and ongoing inquiries to assist employees with benefit questions, qualifying life events, etc.
- Administer and track employee leaves of absence
- Assist corporate HR with the benefits renewal process, open enrollment, annual wellness screenings and routine employee concerns around benefit plans
- Report on and analyze trends related to HR metrics, initiatives and practices
- Track and maintain compliance with all state, county and federal compliance requirements, from OSHA and EEO-1 reporting through poster compliance
- Establish, cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with leadership in order to understand specific needs
- Support the annual performance management process
- Counsel and coach managers to manage their staff effectively and successfully through the identification and resolution of actual and potential employee problem
- Designing and implementing various staff recognition events and programs
- Coordinating town halls and trainings across the company
- Serve as a resource on federal, state and local employment law and applying knowledge appropriately in day-to-day work
- Provide information to staff about policies/procedures, etc.
- Create and help maintain employee files
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR management, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience working in an HR function
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with benefit plans, carriers and third party brokers
- Solid understanding general wage/hour laws, FLSA regulations, etc
- Working knowledge of benefits laws and regulations
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent people skills and approachability, proactively accessible and responsible to employees and managers.
- Prior experience working within an applicant tracking/HRIS system a plus.
- Strong attention to detail; well-organized with good follow through and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in an ever-changing growth atmosphere
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive attitude & team player!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020