|Date Posted||November 15, 2019|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Founded in 1970, we are the premier global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200.
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, an exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
We are currently recruiting a Reporter for our Tax Notes Today International daily new team.
SUMMARY: Works independently to write tax-related news stories for the Tax Notes Today International daily publication by attending scheduled meetings, press conferences, and events. Conducts interviews, research, and fact-checking. Maintains contacts with government officials, private practitioners, and other sources and participates in weekly editorial meetings. Responsibilities include filing daily and weekly news stories for Tax Notes Today International.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet editorial objectives.
1. Works independently to write tax-related news stories by attending scheduled meetings, press conferences, and events. Conducts interviews, research, and fact-checking. Maintains contacts with international government officials, private practitioners, and other sources.
2. Researches, reports, and writes stories or other news content for print and electronic publications as requested by the editors.
3. Covers scheduled tax-related hearings, press conferences, and other international events or developments as assigned.
4. Collects information by obtaining press kits, government releases, other documents, and interviews; does thorough research. Develops a “beat” as assigned by the editors, and a network of sources knowledgeable about that beat.
5. Coordinates story ideas and writing assignments with editorial staff as needed. Attends editorial meetings.
6. Enters information in the Content Management System, according to established procedures.
7. May be required to travel to cover tax-related events in other cities and countries.
8. Adheres to established publication deadlines and company style guide.
9. May use social media to engage with readers and build source networks.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: