|Date Posted||November 15, 2019|
The Streamable is seeking freelance writers who are passionate about cord-cutting and streaming service news. If you want to help millions of cord-cutters learn about the best in streaming services like Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu and Sling TV, then this freelance writing opportunity is for you.
We offer the best in news, reviews and deals on streaming services and devices, plus complementary services like internet and cell phone plans. Our site helps readers find new services to help them cut the cord on cable, streamline their digital subscriptions and save hundreds a year.
Please visit our site at thestreamable.com to review the stories we’ve published. If you’re excited about the articles you’re reading on The Streamable, we’d love to hear from you.
Candidates with previous experience as interns or as entry-level journalists at online media companies or print publications are preferred, but we're open to reviewing work by veteran writers.
This is a perfect opportunity for recent journalism school graduates and young journalists who are eager to hone their writing skills with an experienced managing editor with more than 20 years of experience in the news industry as their mentor.
Writer Skills and Qualifications
• Strong knowledge of cord-cutting and the streaming service industry.
• Proven ability to work under tight deadlines without compromising editorial standards.
• Ability to pitch story ideas based on breaking news, industry trends and SEO analytics.
• An excellent grasp of grammar is critical and previous experience with AP style is a plus.
• An understanding of SEO best practices is also a plus.
• Ability to upload, write and edit content in our CMS is preferred.
Applicants should e-mail a cover letter, resume and links to several recent writing samples to Richard Vega at email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
Freelancers are responsible for their own invoicing.