|Date Posted||November 11, 2019|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal is seeking a part-time Digital Producer.
The Digital Producer contributes to the Business Journal’s digital content across all platforms, including web, email and social media. The ideal candidate will thrive in a newsroom that values scoops and exclusives above all else and knows its audience and market exceptionally well. The primary goal of the Digital Producer is to craft timely and compelling digital products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience and extend the Business Journal brand. The Digital Producer is expected to curate, report and write posts of his or her own daily, as well as produce interactive features, galleries and video to complement the Business Journal’s strong digital coverage. The Digital Producer’s contributions will help the newsroom provide a rich and vibrant digital experience that serves the Business Journal audience.
This successful candidate will be expected to work up to 28 hours a week, from mid-morning to mid-afternoon each day with a focus on strengthening our Afternoon Edition email newsletter, which sends at 3 p.m.
• Curate and update breaking news content
• Report and write original content
• Generate and execute digital content ideas and regular features
• Produce interactive features, galleries and video
• Assist in managing newsroom social media feeds
• Support reporters’ and editors’ social media efforts
• Solid news judgment
• Good reporting and writing skills with the quickness required in a digital breaking-news environment
• A desire to work collaboratively
• Familiarity with SEO and site/traffic/engagement metrics
• A keen interest in what’s new and what’s next
• A firm belief in the power of social media
• Able to balance high standards for content quality with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives
• Able to develop relationships and connect with sources
• Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
• Comfortable working in a content management system
• Able to understand and interpret site metrics
• Strong headline writing skills
• Multimedia interest and acumen — video and audio, especially. The ability to create simple infographics/maps a plus
• Knowledge of HTML a plus
• Digital reporting experience
• Robust social media user
• Business reporting a plus
• Newsroom experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• To apply, interested candidates should send an email to Dirk DeYoung, editor-in-chief, with a note stating their interest and qualifications for this position as well as their resume and hourly rate requirements. Please send the email to email@example.com.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal and its 40+ sister publications are part of American City Business Journals, the No. 1 source for local business news in the nation. We publish daily online, weekly in print and deliver multiple daily email products, as well as host monthly events attended by hundreds of business executives. The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.