|Date Posted||November 07, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Garden City Telegram is seeking a journalist who can thrive in providing coverage for community news to local government, as well as local features for our audience. Will also be required to fill in for intense breaking news situations. S/he must be able to communicate with our readers via social media while reporting, writing, shooting and posting to web.
• Communicate information via social media
• Report accurately while covering entertainment, breaking news and general assignments
• Write quickly under deadline pressure
• Shoot strong photos and video
• Must be available some evenings and occasional weekends.
• Working toward bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• Some experience at a college newspaper or similar publication
• Strong writing and reporting skills
This is a full-time position. The Telegram offers a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package plus generous paid time off.
Kansas state news editor Tomari Quinn at email@example.com or 785-295-1212.