|Date Posted||December 02, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Steamboat Pilot & Today, an award-winning daily newspaper in a Colorado ski town known for its abundant outdoor recreation opportunities, winter sports, vibrant arts scene and western heritage, needs an aggressive local government reporter to join our team. This beat also includes state and local politics as well as some crime and cops reporting and breaking news coverage. Watchdog reporting experience and a familiarity with accessing public records are a must, and prior daily newsroom experience is a plus. We're looking for someone who can go well beyond meeting coverage and write meaningful stories about how our government's decisions affect this community. The right candidate must also be able to shoot and edit images and post content to social media platforms. Video skills are a plus.
To appy: Please visit www.swiftcom.com/careers and select job 1834.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Generating one to two stories a day and taking photos and video to complement storytelling.
• Demonstrating effective use of social media tools to source stories and drive traffic to website and print products.
• Ensuring accuracy, objectivity, fairness and correct spelling in all reporting.
• Following the vision and direction of the Steamboat Pilot & Today editor.
• Meeting deadlines without exception.
• Working collaboratively with other reporters on shared editorial projects.
• Engaging with readers through online commenting, attendance at newspaper events and social media interactions.
• Journalism degree
• Two years of experience in reporting
• Must be available to work some nights and weekends
• Familiarity with WordPress, Microsoft Office, Photoshop
• Digital photography experience
• Must have a current driver’s license or the ability to get one.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.