|Date Posted||October 23, 2019|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
National business publication Franchise Times is looking for a full-time reporter at its Minneapolis headquarters.
In this role, you will work with the Franchise Times editor to generate story ideas and report articles that align with the magazine’s coverage of the numerous industries that make up franchising, from restaurants and fitness to wellness and retail. Franchise Times brings style and personality to its print and online business reporting, and its writers deploy humor and flair while also serving readers through scrutiny of the industry and the franchise brands themselves. This role includes a research and editing component for sister publication The Restaurant Finance Monitor.
As a reporter, you will:
• Report and write 4-5 articles per issue, plus weekly blogs.
• Contribute to exclusive Franchise Times projects, The Franchise Handbook and other special sections.
• Attend and cover industry conferences as assigned.
• Contribute to sister publications The Restaurant Finance Monitor, Foodservice News and Food On Demand as assigned.
• Top-notch editorial content spanning print and digital platforms.
• A stellar team producing industry-leading conferences and events.
• An environment designed to nurture new ideas and develop skills.
• 2-3 years of business or general assignment reporting experience.
• Excellent storytelling ability and command of proper grammar and style.
• Strong research and interviewing skills.
• The motivation to learn and constantly strive for improvement.
• Ability to take direction, prioritize and work independently.
• A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related area of study.
More about Franchise Times Corp.:
In addition to its 10x year flagship print magazine and corresponding web presence, Franchise Times produces multiple e-newsletters and other digital content. Industry-leading conferences include the Franchise Investment Conference, Restaurant Finance & Development Conference, and Food On Demand Conference, produced in conjunction with its sister publications.
Benefits: Medical, 401k & Company Match, Paid Time Off, Profit Sharing.
To apply, submit your resume and published clips to Editor Laura Michaels at email@example.com.