||October 22, 2019
||Other, Financial Services
Editor, Credit Cards & Banking (Remote Friendly)
Your role in a nutshell:The credit cards and banking editor will be an integral part of building one of the most comprehensive small business portals on the internet by working with a team of writers to create engaging, informative articles.
This position includes:
- Directly managing a team of two to five writers and working with the division managing editor to manage all division-level editorial planning and execution
- Editing a variety of content in the areas of credit cards, charge cards, checking and savings accounts, and credit scores and reports
- Ensuring you follow all applicable rules to maintain compliance with our credit card partners
Our mission: To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Fit Small Business has been named to Inc. 500's list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for two years in a row. The company has more than three million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 180+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
The best candidates will have strong backgrounds as editors with extensive experience managing teams and working with writers on assignments and article edits.
As the new credit cards and banking editor, you should have a:
- Passion for identifying and nurturing talent within your team
- Proven track record of being able to balance both individual and team workflows and processes
- Desire to deliver the best answers to people’s questions as it relates to guiding our diversified small business content
- Overseeing the publication of two to three high-quality articles per week for each writer, and proactively resolving any holdups or delays in the pipeline
- Directly managing two to five writers in a variety of content areas
- Maintaining editorial standards and best practices among your writers
- Coaching writers to improve and meet their deadlines through frequent 1-on-1 video calls
- Managing the execution of the content pipeline and day-to-day content management of your team
- Working with the business development team to ensure FSB remains in compliance with credit card partner requirements
- Working with the division managing editor, SEO manager, and business development manager to plan out article runways for all writers
- Playing a central role in hiring new writers for your team
- At least two years of experience managing teams of writers with a focus on credit card and banking content; business credit card and banking knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with credit card partner compliance requirements
- Familiarity with managing and/or creating SEO driven, evergreen content
- Familiarity and comfort with affiliate and performance marketing
- You are high energy and passionate about helping small businesses
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly
- You have a strong work ethic
Tools We Use:
Wordpress, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru, Zoom
*It’s fine if you have not used these tools before; just be excited to learn them quickly. Experience with any of them is a plus.
What we offer you:
Quality health insurance (subsidized by FSB)
Short-term and long-term disability (Paid by FSB)
Traditional & Roth 401K plans with matching from first day
Vision, dental, and life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
Perks and discounts via our PEO
A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019