||October 21, 2019
This role executes day-to-day communications activities to help drive awareness of and build affinity for CR and its expertise. A core member of the communications team, this individual is responsible for participating and supporting work to engage new audiences to maximize marketplace impact, leveraging key editorial and advocacy initiatives, amplifying CR content, and publicizing products and expertise.
The Communications Specialist works closely with colleagues across the organization in editorial, research and testing, advocacy and communications.
- Provides media relations support as needed for CR-generated news, product reviews and recommendations, policy positions and/or experts working collaboratively with other members of the communications team, media outlets/channels and influencers.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media and influencers across key CR verticals.
- Creates draft communications materials as assigned including news releases, pitch letters, talking points, contact lists, broadcast scripts and social content, at times translating technical and scientific information into consumer-friendly language while preserving the integrity and precision of CR's work.
- Works with internal stakeholders and spokespeople to align on priorities, messaging and tone.
- Participates in long- and short-term planning and development for media relations campaigns, speaking engagements and thought leadership opportunities, working with internal stakeholders to align on priorities
- Supports assigned thought leadership programs by identifying and securing communications opportunities, drafting bylines and op-eds, developing presentations and drafting award entries.
- Organizes and/or supports media events and operates in-house satellite TV studio for remote interviews as assigned.
- Partners with outside public relations firms, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned, but not those of a higher level.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on communications experience with excellent news judgement and background in public relations, as well as strong project management skills.
- Strong media contacts across all channels and platforms with demonstrated success partnering with media.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal, social media, verbal communication, and writing skill.
- Ability to interact effectively with CR reporters, editors, advocates, activists, lobbyists and senior management.
- Experience reaching and engaging new audiences via targeted communications strategies.
- Team player who collaborates well with others across highly matrixed organization.
Communicates clearly and confidently on a consistent basis; persuades and influences others through compelling communications.
Stays current on external news, trends and issues, utilizing knowledge of competitive landscape, marketplace trends, best practices and technology.
Shows intellectual curiosity, demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning and actively seeking feedback.
Anticipates impacts on key audiences.
Keeps commitments and acts with integrity.
Demonstrates humility and authenticity, taking ownership when things go wrong without passing blame.
Promotes collaboration and inclusion; leverages connections and communications
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019